First of all I modified my original drawing of the barnacle geese and added 2 more standing geese to balance the image.
I then traced the image.
I then transfered the image onto the lino tile by reversing the tracing paper and rubbing pencil over it .
The lighter areas show the resulting transfer of the graphite onto the lino tile ie. the areas to be left uncut and therefore raised in relation to the cut areas. The raised areas will take up the ink.
The completed cut tile ready for 'inking up'.
However, cutting the tile was far more difficult than expected as not only was the image reversed, but the tile being dark in colour made it very hard to decide which areas were to be left uncut. I also made the error of cutting an outline around white areas of the geese which would then not show up against what would be a eventually be a white background. Fortunately this was spotted in time allowing me to rectify the error by leaving a raised and therefore dark area next to the outline.





Helena, well done. Your prints look very good and your descrpition of the processes is effective. The only think you might wish to add is a suggestion of what you might do differently next time.
ReplyDelete