Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Digitally Altered Images


Each of the images below has been created by blending two separate photographs together using Photoshop. I think the results are really lovely and will certainly try and use some of them in my brochure.




This sculpture of the King and Queen by Henry Moore is one of my favourite works of art. They sit well in this blended landscape looking majestically out over all they survey. The  colours resulting from the blend give them added interest and they appear to be almost rising out of the landscape.




I like the way the otter is positioned to the left of the image as though gazing out across the water. The head is more distinct than the rest of its body giving the impression its head is above water level. Like the strong yellowy orange background which contrasts well with the paler yellow in the middle ground. 




The blending of the two photographs in this image gives this sculpture added interest and also brings out the texture of the stone. 



This image has again been blended but using the luminosity facility. I like the almost sepia type of effect.

These two oval images were created using the elliptical marquee tool and I also feathered the edges of the images. I would like to blend a few images like this together on one page.



I used the shape facility to cut this image from a landscape photograph. Might use this to indicate a walk on my map in the brochure.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous looking blog Helena! I really like the way you have combined different images and subjects together, using the opacity tool to allow images to gel together better. One constructive comment; where you have used comments like 'looks lovely' try to explain in more depth why you feel this way. For examples is it the composition, colour, texture, juxta positioning of images etc that you like? hope this helps! best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.