Monday, 7 February 2011

My Painting of Balcary Bay


This is a watercolour and pastel painting of my photograph of Balcary Bay as displayed at the top of this blog. I used cooler tones in the background conveying the impression of distant mountains. I have used a paler blue to show the shallower water towards the front of the painting and darker shades to show greater depth behind. Warmer colours have been used for the sand, the pastel overlay also giving a feeling of texture.

I replaced the boat in the original picture with my husband's 'other woman', his little old sailing boat. I plan to incorporate the picture into my brochure for Dumfries and Galloway.

1 comment:

  1. Nice movement in the sky and landscape, quite atmospheric.
    You could suggest what you think is particularly successful about this painting, making reference to formal elements. Also, very briefly why you want to incorporate it into your design.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.